This SC Ventures Fintech Bridge Privacy Statement relates to the collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Data ( ie. any information that identifies, or could reasonably be used to identify a living individual, either on its own or together with other information) by any member of the Standard Chartered Group (“Bank”, “we” “our” or “us”).
The Personal Data we collect and process in relation to you is provided by you, third parties, collected through publicly available sources or generated during your registration process and when responding to Challenges and communicating with us:
Registration: We collect the mandatory information required to create your user account: your name, email address and password.
Responding to Challenges, uploads and communicating with us: We collect Personal Data from you when you respond to Challenges, upload content (eg. presentations, audio or video files) and communicate with us.
PURPOSES FOR WHICH WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The processing of your Personal Data is necessary to allow you to connect with the Bank, post Responses to Challenges and comply with any legal right or obligations to which we are subject in relation to our relationship with you and includes us processing Personal Data to:
- Register your profile;
- Allow you to participate in Challenges;
- Communicate with you (including communication on technical issues such as availability of the SC Ventures Fintech Bridge) and send you relevant information by email or other means for example updates on Challenges or invitations to new ones;
- Keep SC Ventures Fintech Bridge secure;
- Administer and improve SC Venture Bridge including for the purposes of data analytics, research and surveys;
- Comply with your request (eg. when registering through Linkedin or Facebook authentication); and
- Comply with law
You should be aware that the Internet is not a secure form of communication and sending and receiving information over the Internet carries with it risks including the risk of access and interference by unauthorised third parties. We do not accept responsibility or liability for the confidentiality, security or integrity of your Personal Data in connection with its transmission over the Internet.
TO WHOM WE MAY DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We operate globally and any authorised employee, agent and adviser in any country may be involved in processing your Personal Data.
Your Personal Data may be disclosed to any of the following for any of the purposes outlined above:
- professional advisers, third party service providers, agents or independent contractors providing services to us;
- any person in connection with litigation or other legal proceedings, to obtain legal advice or for establishing, exercising or defending legal rights;
- any person to whom disclosure is allowed or required by law; and
- third parties to whom we may transfer our rights and/or obligations under any agreement, including but not limited to a potential merger or acquisition of all or part of the Group’s business
YOUR RIGHTS REGARDING YOUR PERSONAL DATA.
We will provide you, upon request, with a copy of your personal data. You have the right to object to and restrict our processing of your personal data and also the right to submit a complaint to supervisory authorities regarding our processing of your Personal Data. Any questions or comments regarding our handling of your Personal Data should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will keep your Personal Data for as long as you have an Account with us. Once you close your Account, your Personal Data will be deleted.
We may also retain your Personal Data to comply with law our data retention policies.
Cookies are small data files which are placed on your device when you visit certain parts of SC Ventures Fintech Bridge. We use the following cookies:
Strictly necessary cookies are required for the operation of SC Ventures Fintech Bridge by:
- allowing our web server to determine whether the cookies setting on your web browser have been enabled or disabled. This allows us to know whether data can be collected from your web browser
- temporarily allowing you to carry information between pages of SC Ventures Fintech Bridge to avoid having to re-enter that information
- temporarily identifying your device after you have logged in to a secure page on SC Ventures Fintech Bridge so that our web server can maintain a dialogue with your web browser in order for you to carry out certain activities.
Analytical/performance cookies are used to help us improve SC Ventures Fintech Bridge by tracking your visits and recognising your web browser when you are a repeat visitor so that we can gather statistics on new and repeat visitors to evaluate site effectiveness.
Functionality cookies are used to recognise you when you return to SC Ventures Fintech Bridge. This enables us to remember the choices you make (such as your user name, language and region) so you do not have to re-enter that information when you return to SC Ventures Fintech Bridge.
Most web browsers are initially set up to accept cookies. You can choose to not accept cookies by changing the settings on your web browser but if you block all cookies, including strictly necessary cookies, you may find that certain features on SC Ventures Fintech Bridge will not work properly.
You can choose not to accept third party cookies through your browser settings.